Friday, July 13, 2007

THIS MAY BE MY LAST BLOG....

...because when Darren comes home tonight he's going to kill me!! He went to see a boy movie tonight, so I decided to clean my stove. On one side of my stove top is a grill - which I love because I can cook meet the healthy way, make paninis, etc. I disconnected the burner part of the stovetop and it slipped from my damp hands. There are two pointy, prongs that fit into the gas line that gouged my knee....my bad knee. OUCH!! I couldn't grab hold of the burner and it fell to the floor. On my new hardwood floors - not redone, not resanded, not restained - new ones, courtesy of Dan Erichsen (so don't tell him!). I bend over to pick up my piece of stove top and what do I see...a chunk...a small chunk of my floor. The pointy prongs not only gouged my knee, but my floor too. I'm thinking I'll run to Target before they close and get me a kitchen rug for in front of the stove!!! What do you think??

Actually Darren doesn't get mad. He may get frustrated, but not mad. He's been putting down baseboards today...maybe I'll blame HIM!!!

UPDATE: Darren comes home, I start out with "I have to show you something, but it was an accident." I showed him and he goes, "it's going to happen, the floors' going to get wear and tear marks." Then he proceeds to show me three places where there were scratches. I don't know why I thought he would get angry - Darren doesn't do that! All is well!! Although I may still go buy another kitchen rug!!!

4 comments:

Carmela said...

Wow! Is your knee going to be alright? I'm glad Darren didn't kill you--I would miss your blog too much, lol! Especially finding out what really goes on in Youth! Actually you made me feel so normal because that's something that I would do (but that can be our little secret!).

tjep said...

I do hope your knee is OK. Isn't it funny how we women think the worst and then when they actually see it, it's like no big deal!?
At least you'll have a good excuse to shop at Target and get another rug!

DonnaG said...

And you think I am sneaky...you wanted to get a kitchen rug to cover your sins. Debbie, Debbie, Debbie, tisk tisk tisk. And, by the way, not too sure if a rug in front of the oven/stove is a good idea.

And if it would make you feel better, come see the horrible gouges in our hardwood floor in the kitchen that I did. I moved the fridge three days after the wood was done and made a scratch 3 feet long. Ugly!!!

Unknown said...

Oh no! that is why I hate something new.....you are so afraid to ruin it....it looks so beautiful! A few more scratches in different places and you won't feel so bad! We are getting hardwood in our new kitchen....I bet I am the first to damage those!