Friday, July 27, 2007

MORE SAN FRANCISCO PICS!

This is Monterey - Darren took this picture and likes it - and so do I - as it shows so many different blues. The blog pic doesn't do justice.
More of Monterey and seals! I wanted to jump out in the water and swim with them! I even stood on the side of the dock making seal noises trying to get them to come to me. That's probably about the time Darren walked away!! :-)

Okay, so posting pictures is making me crazy and I'm going to stop messing with it - sorry! So don't look at my display of pics, just look at the pics themselves!!

This is one of my favorite places (see the three photos above this) in San Francisco. You need to rent the movie, "The Bachelor" with Chris O'Donnell and Renee Zellweger. It's a few years old, but it was filmed/located in SF and there's a scene in the movie where Chris and a priest are in a boat floating around in this pond and he realizes then he loves Renee - the priest says something like, "Welcome to the other side." So I made Darren kiss me in front of the pond!! It was so romantic, me telling Darren to tell me he loves me and then kiss me!! :-) We walked all the way around and it was so beautiful!

We had a really nice time, got to see Carmel, Monterey, San Francisco and a few things in between. We had about a 30 mile drive to catch the 5 on the way home and it was so pretty - so much farm land. I felt like I was driving through Illinois. Corn and cows!! Boy, I do sound like a midwesterner, huh?! Darren and I felt really blessed to be able to take a few days off and rest, explore and just be together! It's beautiful up there and I can't wait to go back!







3 comments:

Carmela said...

Oh my gosh! There's so much I want to comment about, and I don't think I'm going to be able to restrain myself, lol! So ... sorry in advance!

Love the photos. My favorite one is when you are petting something (ducks?) in the water.

And yes, how romantic of you to tell Darren to tell you he loves you and have him kiss you at the same spot as movie stars! Nothing like a planned romantic moment, lol! ;)

And ... I totally can relate about driving through Central and Northern California. We did that about four years ago (it was my first time), and it was JUST LIKE taking a trip back to rural Illinois where I grew up. I told my husband (especially when we got off the highway and went on the side roads) ... THIS is exactly what I was trying to escape when I moved to California. I just constantly kept looking around in amazement.

tjep said...

I love that first picture! I also love that you "made" your husband kiss you! I've never seen The Bachelor, I'll have to add to my movie list.

Unknown said...

Those are all good. I have never been further than Arizona.......but would love to get to California some day!

I wish we were rich like you guys....worldly travelers, remodeling homes.....what a life!!

;-)