Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WANNA SEE MY NEW STUFF??

When we were on vacation last month we were shopping and I told Darren I wanted a little china tea pot and sugar/creamer set to put in my little curio. I don't have much in there now, so I just wanted a little something. As we were looking around he asked me how many people were in my bunko group. I tell him 12. The next thing I know he's up at the register asking the sales clerk if they have 12 saucer/dessert plates. They didn't, but they found them at other stores and shipped them to us. So my wonderful husband bought me not only the tea pot, sugar, and creamer, but 12 sets of dessert dishes. According to Royal Dutton, this pattern is THE most popular, so you may recognize it.

Last weekend it was my turn to host bunko, so instead of the usual three games, we played two games and then we had tea and dessert!! Here's a picture of the group enjoying my gift! It was really fun. This was the first bunko I hosted since our remodel, so the theme was kitchen. I had everybody bring a recipe and while we enjoyed tea and dessert we exchanged recipes. I can't wait to try them all!




Here's a close up - the plate is pretty small, not even big enough for a piece of pie, but I guess when you are drinking from a tea cup - holding up your pinky of course - you are to eat lemon scones in small bite sizes! You could go hungry being all proper!! :o)

Then last night Darren bought me a new car!! I didn't ask for it - in fact, it was tough giving up my Mazda. I loved my little blue Mazda. But Darren got a deal he just couldn't pass up. Now that he works for Polk, we don't have to only drive Nissan, Suzuki is a client of his, so that's what we got! Since they are a client, Polk employees get a discount on their vehicles on top of whatever sale they may be having. So we took advantage of it. It had 10 miles on it when we drove it out of the lot. And it has that yummy new car smell!! No McDonald's french fries in this baby!! It seats seven, so now I can tote lots of peeps around!



It has a sun/moon roof - I've never had that before, kind of fun! Let me know if you know where a drive in theater is - perfect for a drive-in!! It has a navigation system already built in and a year of free satellite radio. So now I can drive anywhere without getting lost - I have a horrible sense of direction. In St. Louis I always just looked up until I saw the arch, then I knew where I was. Unfortunately, L.A. has yet to build me a big monument to help guide me!! But now they don't have to!

Isn't it pretty?

Darren took it to work today. I have to drive over to Burbank this morning and I didn't want to drive it in traffic just yet. I'd like to have a better feel of it first. Plus, Darren is learning all the bells and whistles, where things are and I need an orientation before I start driving it!!

I love new stuff!! :o)

3 comments:

tjep said...

Ooooh...that's a beautiful tea set!!!
Aaaah...I love your new car!!!!

Looks you've got a fun bunch of gals there for Bunko! In fact, I know they are all fun!!!

Carmela said...

I'm in awe!! What a great post!!

I play Bunco with a group of ladies I used to work with. It's my turn to host in October. Crossing my fingers that most of the house stuff is done by then!What a nice picture of all the ladies! And what a nice group! Bunco is SOOO fun, huh?

I have to say, I have been wanting a little tea set for about a year now. I am soooooo jealous :) That tea set looks so "genuine!"--maybe 'cause it is!! LOVE IT!!!

And how cool to surprise you with a brand, spanking new car! What an AMAZING surprise!! Looking at it you would never guess it seats seven. Very nice!! Thanks for showing all the pictures.

Debbie said...

Carmela - you can borrow my tea set anytime!!