Monday, September 10, 2007

My Lucy is in Kitty Heaven now.



This is Simon's mommy Lucy. I just wrote about Lucy and Simon a couple of posts ago. For the last few weeks Lucy hadn't been eating and became very lethargic. Lucy lives with Darren's parents back home in Missouri. So Grandpa Williams took her to the vet and there was nothing they could do for her. She was put down this morning. She used to follow Grandpa around all the time and liked hanging out with him at his shop - which is a big garage that Darren's dad piddles in - see my birdhouse in a previous post!! So Lucy was taken home and buried next to the shop. She turned ten in May, so being an outdoor cat who had a huge yard - acres - to roam, she actually lived a long time.

Lucy was a petite little cat who is just beautiful with cool markings. I'm surprised at how I have reacted to her death. Darren told me this morning before he left for work - as I was putting on my make up - and I burst into tears. I've been weepy all day. Even though Lucy has not lived with us for several years now, I'm still incredibly sad.

To some of you, I'm sure you are thinking I have a strange and abnormal attachment to my pets - maybe I do. But I blame that on Darren and I not having children - my mothering/nurturing side has to go somewhere and the only place is my pets. So yes, today I mourn for Lucy, my cat that Darren let me bring home with me while visiting his parents on Father's Day, 1997.

I would like to ask you cat haters out there to please leave your anti-cat comments to yourself this time. :(



A close up shot - isn't she just so pretty with her white mustache!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Our kitty is 11-1/2 years old and has spent lots of time outdoors, so I guess she has also lived a long, good life. Her appetite is still good, but she doesn't go out as much and sleeps most all the time. She has been Janice's one and only pet, so when she goes to Kitty Heaven, it will be a very sad day in our home too. So sorry Debbie. Lucy was a beautiful kitty.

tjep said...

I'm sorry to hear about Lucy! I think it's nice that they buried her near her stomping grounds. I'm sure she would have liked that. My thoughts are with you, Debbie. :)

Kim said...

I am so sorry to hear about Lucy. You know I feel the same way about our pets as you do with yours. Lacey was my baby for a long time. My thoughts and prayers are with you cause I know you are going thru a lot right now.

Carmela said...

So, so sorry debbie. I totally get how sad you are.