Friday, September 14, 2007

AIN'T WE FANCY??!!

Last weekend our friends, the Cherryholmes, hosted an engagement party at our house for their daughter Rhonda and her fiance Daniel. I love doing these kinds of things - in fact, if you took my 'get to know me quiz' you learned that as an adult I would love to be a chef and cater fancy parties for rich people (because they have the big houses and cool kitchens)!!! Unfortunately I can't cook like a chef and I don't have the creativity, but I like to try!! Pam let me get pretty involved in planning and I even convinced them to cater only part of the food and let met cook up the rest. Our friend Wendy helped, and Pam and me we outcooked the caterers! We got more compliments on our items!! Yes, it was fun going, "oh, that one was me!!" :o) How snotty am I?! Pretty snotty!!

Anyway, the pictures below are some highlights - they are out of order and I got frustrated trying to maneuver them around, so excuse the poor display!


Okay, so the picture is of Rhonda and Daniel, but we had a dessert spread laid out on our coffee table in the family room - check out the baby bundts. Pam and I searched the world over for baby bundt pans, because we wanted pretty little bundts! We could only do four or six at a time, then we decorated them, I shaved carrots to line the platter for the carrot cake ones, we decorated with raspberries and would you believe only about three or four were eaten. Cheesecake - everybody wanted cheesecake. We kept having to clean the platters, reload more cheesecake and decorate again and again (Greg Cherryholmes is quite the artist!!). It was fun, but darn it, I wanted someone to eat a bundt cake!!


Here is one of the pictures of our back yard. We hung white lights and it looked great with the Tiffany colored tableclothes and white roses!


This is the front food table. We put some of our appetizers on this one. I don't know if you can see the frames, but I put in the frames what meal Rhonda and Daniel shared on their first date and the night they got engaged. Kind of fun food facts about them!




The two above pictures were taken aftewards. That's me in the kitchen, I'm working on something there - or I'm crying from exhaustion!!! :o) The table with all the left over items - what belongs to who?! I was hoping one of the crystal vases would get 'accidentally' left behind, but no such luck!


Since the party wasn't really about me I should include a picture of the happy couple!! This is the end of the evening and they are opening up their gifts and cards. By the smile on their faces I'd say they liked the cash!!


Okay, this one is for fun! I know that Dave looks at my blog every once in a while and so do his girls, Lori and Michelle - but look at his plate - apparently the dessert/salad sized plates just weren't big enough!!!


Another view of outside - wish we had better pictures - it really was a romantic feeling evening!!

7 comments:

tjep said...

Yum! Bundt cakes and cheesecake! I love that idea about what they ate on their first date! You'll have to give me tips on how to host! I'm not a very good planner and get real nervous about having a party at my house!

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known the baby bundts were homemade...i'm not a big fan of store bought cake. I also have way too many baby bundt pans. Oh well, you'll know for next time.
I was a great night, extremely beautiful and delicious.
-Jenny

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known the baby bundts were homemade...i'm not a big fan of store bought cake. I also have way too many baby bundt pans. Oh well, you'll know for next time.
I was a great night, extremely beautiful and delicious.
-Jenny

Dave Peeters said...

Oops - caught in the act! I am supposed to be on the OTHER side of the Camera! - dave

christy p said...

Table with the food on it looks gorgeous. Great photos!

Carmela said...

Oh my gosh! Your backyard looks GORGEOUS!! ... as does your entire house!

The blue and white is just beautiful together.

You guys did an amazing job. Maybe after showing these pics, more people will want to "book" a party at your place! :)

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful night and one Dan and Rhonda will remember for a life time. For anyone who is reading this that attended, thanks for making this night so special for our kids. Debbie - I can never say thank you enough for all that you did to make this night awesome. I will work beside you whenever you need me to... you too Wendy! Oh yes, and Darren too.

Pam