Monday, September 24, 2007

HOW CUTE ARE MY NIECES???

It was homecoming this past weekend in my little town of DuQuoin, Illinois. I used to love homecoming in high school. The week leading up to homecoming was filled with building our big floats, parties, cruising from the Dairy Queen to Food Park about 100 times, TP'ing, bon fires, and just hanging out with friends!! So fun! Back then teachers wouldn't give homework so we could enjoy Spirit Week and be out every night! I can't remember if it was my junior or senior year but my bestest friend Margaret and I sang "Oh Mickey You're So Fine," until we were practically hoarse!! I'm pretty sure we were obnoxious about it, but at the time we probably thought we were just so cool!!


This is my niece Kayla - she is 16 and my sister's daughter. She has a lot of my characteristics - poor girl! She has my laugh, my smart mouth, and sense of humor. My sister's always telling me things she says and does that are me! I think the dress is a bit short and a bit low cut, but she does look pretty.


This is my brother's second - the middle child!! Sophie is so quick witted that it's hard to keep up with her. Her and I just badger each other when we are together, but we have so much fun. Even with me and my dad together trying to out wit her - we just can't do it!! How cute is she?!


This is MacKenzie, my brother's oldest. She's also 16 and very much a girl's girl!! Her myspace is filled with lots of pictures of herself posing and being all cute!!


Here are the two sisters together!!

Sophie is a freshman and MacKenzie (and Kayla) is a junior. Man how time flies. I remember when each of them were born. It's amazing how fast they've grown up. It was strange the first time I had an 'adult' conversation with them. I can't wait to see them when I'm home next!!

4 comments:

Carmela said...

They are sooo beautiful! It was fun to hear about their personalities, too!

Oh, to be that young and pretty again (except not go through all the emotional upheaval that goes along with adolescence, lol!)

Debbie said...

My brother has three daughters and a wife and he's already tired of the girlie drama - it's only just begun!!! :o)

Margaret said...

Hey Debbie....it's your BFF Margaret! :-) We were not obnoxious....we WERE cool - HA!! I still can't hear "Mickey" on the radio and not think of you. The good 'ol days - Spirit Week was sooooo much fun!! Of course, you and I had more spirit between the two of us than the whole cheerleading squad. Remember how they used to look to us at the football games to see what cheer to do next? :-)

Your nieces are beautiful....I know a really cute 15 yr. old in a neighboring town who would love to meet them. Maybe we need to do a little matchmaking next time you get to come home. :-)

MISS YOU LOTS!!!!

tjep said...

I love to see pictures of everyone's family!!! Your nieces are beautiful!