Monday, August 13, 2007


REMEMBER WHEN THINGS WERE SIMPLER??!!

As many of you know I'm married to a computer freak/geek!! He's constantly upgrading us to the latest and greatest things - always reading about things, and for fun he likes to take a computer apart and put it back together again!! I guess that is his adult version of Legos!

Well, I wanted to listen to my Hairspray CD the other day - I just got it, was so excited to start singing "Good Morning Baltimore" and I had to put the CD in a box, d/load it, burn, export it...something like that. I couldn't figure it out and of course I was getting mad. You see those little black boxes in the above picture - that's where it's supposed to be stored...I don't want to store it I WANT TO LISTEN TO IT RIGHT NOW!!! You are supposed to put the CD in the little white box - which I did - tap around on the keyboard and then it somewho gets to the little black boxes! Darren comes home and I told him I wanted a CD player. Needless to say this techno crazed husband of mine was flabbergasted. Why on earth would I want a CD player when we are surrounded by computers with music capabilities, etc. Whatever, I just want to hit the play button and be done. Like I said, it was a 10 step process that I have yet to understand on the computer.


This is what I want - place the CD on top, hit the play button and begin my song and dance around the house!! :-)


This is the hub of our house. It's where everything comes together. He was installing a new phone the other night so I had to take a picture while the front was off. Good thing I couldn't get to all those wires the other day - I'm thinking I might have cut a few of them!!! Do you see why I want my battery operated CD player!!!

5 comments:

DonnaG said...

I love technology and I hate it. I went to play a VHS for Sarah yesterday and I almost had to reprogram the entire DVD/VHS thing to recognize the huge VHS tape. We wound up not watching it, and she now has to return it back to the church library.

Carmela said...

Yes, I can totally understand why you want a regular CD player. But, it is nice to have a computer geek handy when you need one!! :)

tjep said...

Men and their gadgets! I love the fact that Greg is fascinated by all those gizmos. I say it's because of all the buttons. And he has to press the buttons! :)

nightpanther99 said...

im not a princess i dont care what tina says lol

Unknown said...

Debbie,

I am cracking up! I actually wish Scott was more like Darren so I would be forced to learn this! My husband, the electrician, is a complete idiot when it comes to electronics! But I know when you want to hear music, you want to hear music. We have a little stereo where you can pop in a CD instead of messing with the computer! I do love my MP3 player for the gym....and it holds over 1000 songs and is so light! Not at ALL like the Walkman big, bulky thing I had when I was a teenager!