Monday, August 06, 2007

Not much going on at the Williams....so here are some pretties!!

This is one of my favorite 'bushes.' It's so bright and purple. It's been blooming nicely all summer!
My father-in-law made this beautiful bird feeder for my birthday and sent it to me! It's quite fancy and looks great in my backyard. To the right of the picture is my kitchen window so I can see the birds eat in the morning and evenings. Plus, the roof matches in the kitchen cabinets - so it flows nicely!!! Darren's dad is quite the creator/builder - show him a picture and he can build it!


Here's a picture of one of my favorite flowers in the back yard - so pretty and bright. These blog sites just don't do the colors justice.



Wider view of my pretty pink flowers!


Again - the blog doesn't show how truly beautiful this small tree is. Really pretty purple/pink flowers blooming. I can't wait until it's in full bloom!! Holly and Mark Deojay got this for me last year for my 40th birthday and guess what - it's still alive!!! :-) Unfortunately I can't say that about all the other plants I got. :-(

So when I said nothing much going on - I meant nothing is going on! Here is Simon lounging in the back. He just couldn't muster the strength to open his eyes!!

While Simon is relaxing outside, Darren is relaxing on the inside!! Can you tell by the look on his face he's wondering what the heck I'm doing taking his picture right now?!
It's been a few days so I thought I'd better throw something up on my blog, so now you see what's going on at 6:15pm on a Monday evening at our house. What am I doing you ask? Not relaxing - just threw some laundry in the washer, flipped the mattress, cooking supper, going through the mail, separating bills, etc.; getting my hair cut/colored later this evening - maybe tomorrow Darren can take a picture of me relaxing on the couch!!!

6 comments:

tjep said...

Ok, I didn't know tie-dye was still in! :) It's as bright as the flowers!
I'm glad someone else lets plants die! I do not have a green thumb!

christy p said...

Love the photos of your beautiful flowers! Also, I have a thing for cats...we have three...so I especially enjoyed seeing Simon!

Carmela said...

Your backyard looks WAY better than mine! (most of the plants I posted a few weeks ago have died already ... *sigh*) Thanks for showing the "pretties!"

And, yes, I enjoyed seeing Simon, too. We have four cats (but two are mostly outdoor cats). But I'm sure you know the whole "cat" saga from Ashley :)

Unknown said...

You know I love the kitties! We are down to just one, but I had three at one time.

That is quite the TRIPPY shirt Darren is sporting, but I love the entire look....socks, etc. HA HA! He doesn't look like he was expecting the photo!

The pics of the flowers, etc. in the yard are very pretty! Love the bird house!

DonnaG said...

All you cat people out there.... cats stink. I know you Debbie just put that on there to torment me. By the way, your flowers are very pretty. Good idea of posting them. Too bad Simon ruined it all for me. :)

Debbie said...

All of you cat owners/lovers - let's meet at midnight tonight in front of the Gisberts home, place our cats under their bedroom window and let them produce piles of poop. Then we'll introduce the males and the females and let them scream with pleasure! Then we'll see weiner dog Capt. Jack Sparrow run for cover!!