Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Sleeping Simon

How cute is my cat?! He has never been one to jump on the furniture, but in the last couple of weeks he's decided he likes our sofa table. He sits on the bottom and watches TV with us or as you see here, naps!

August is also Simon's birthday - but I knew if I did a special Birthday Blog for Simon like I did my parents I'd probably get razzed (DonnaG) because some of my friends don't like cats (DonnaG)!!!

When we moved to California in 2000 we had a cat, Lucy and a dog, Gracie, but had to leave them behind since we were moving from a house in MO with a big back yard to an apartment in CA. Wasn't sure where we'd end up. So Gracie went with my sister and Lucy is with Grandma and Grandpa Williams (aka Darren's parents). We hadn't taken away Lucy's woman power yet and she gave birth to a couple litters. When we were home in October of 2001 Darren surprised me by letting me bring Simon home. Simon had to have papers to fly and enter California, so Darren took care of all that. How sweet was that!! Simon was such a little fluff ball and traveled really well - except for the small bout of diarrhea on the plane coming home that Daddy took care because I was too busy laughing hysterically and gagging!! Why didn't we bring Lucy you ask?? She liked being outdoors and had adjusted to the MO weather and was very happy where she was. She's still with Grandma and Grandpa and I get to see her everytime we go home.

Simon is a cat - through and through!! Stubborn, demanding, stuck up one minute, loves me the next!! Yes, I respond to his every meow!!

This afternoon I had Simon's friend Gwenivier (sp??) over - the cat next door - and they shared an expensive can of fancy cat food in celebration of Simon's birthday!

7 comments:

DonnaG said...

When oh when will Jenny Platt finally put something sweet about Emma on her blog so I won't have to read about your cat? Jenny, please, the world is depending on you!

tjep said...

Never mind Donna,a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SIMON!!!

And I like the name Gracie, I think I'll use that name the next time we get a CAT!

Debbie said...

Here's a twisted tid bit - we kept the names in the family - Gracie Christine Williams (Christine is Darren's mom's name) and Lucy Arlene Williams (Arlene is Darren's fave aunt's name). Yes, our pets have middle names! Simon's full name is Simon Peter Puppy Williams!

Carmela said...

aww ... Happy Birthday to Simon! Too funny that your cats have middle names! Ours just have one name.

tjep said...

Christine is a fine name! Of course it happens to be my given name except no one calls me that except Robbyn!
Love the middle names!

DonnaG said...

YOU GIVE YOUR ANIMALS MIDDLE AND LAST NAMES? I think I have heard it all.

Unknown said...

One name, two names, three names, ten names - we love cats! We have one named Angel Chamberlain and even that grouchy Daryl loves her! (although he won't admit it). Happy Birthday Simon Peter Puppy Williams!