Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Mother!!

A couple weeks ago I blogged about my dad since it was his birthday, Friday, the 24th is my mom's, so now it's her turn to be loved via the internet!!

While my dad contributed to my humor, silly side, I've definitely got my mom's emotions. I also inherited from her side my bra size!! You should see some of my aunts - holy cow!! :-) Too much information?? Maybe, but it's true!!

My mom was the 'song leader' at our church for years and years. We didn't grow up with music ministers or music pastors - but I guess if we did, my mom would have been one. Even at 69 her voice is still strong when she sings. People always requested her to sing. Her song of choice - as well as that of the congregation's - was a song about meeting her Master. Every time she sang that song she herself was moved. My mom has always been very passionate about her Lord Jesus. Of course I do remember a time when I was pretty young that she walked off the platform and started a "Jerico March," and over half the church joined her, singing and praying around the church. I remember sitting in my pew thinking she was a crazy woman - what the heck is she doing!!! haha!!

Mom always loved me, my brother and sister and hardly a day went by when she didn't tell us. She always let us know when she was proud of us. Now she's that way with her seven grandkids. My 22-year-old nephew always pops over for grandma to iron his shirts before he goes out. My younger nieces and and another nephew like to go spend the night and play dominos with her all night! She makes sure there's something to drink in the fridge and popsicles in the freezer and usually a candy dish full of something!

I love going home because even at 41 she still treats me like the little kid I once was - and yes, I totally take advantage of it!! I LOVE it!!! :-)

So have a great day mom! I hope when you read this you have received your gift I sent!! I Love you MUCH!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Debbie, that is so sweet! I hope your mom gets a chance to read what you posted, it is really sweet.

Tyler's bday is tomorrow!

I hope your mom has a wonderful day today!!

tjep said...

Ahhhhh...I love when you go home you take full advantage of your mom's loving on you! That's how I feel about my mom-in-law who's now in heaven. She always had homemade cookies or pies or bars for us to enjoy! What a true blessing to have a christian mom! Savor every minute!

Carmela said...

Wow! What a role model for the rest of us. Very inspirational. And how wonderful for you guys to benefit from all that loving!

I hope she has a wonderful birthday, and I'm sure she knows how much she's loved.