Wednesday, June 13, 2007

WEEKEND AT THE WESTIN PALM SPRINGS!!!

We spent an extended weekend at the Westin and enjoyed some fun and sun along with a little desert heat. Unfortunately a water sprinkler or something broke under our room and we came back to our room about 10pm Saturday night to a soaked carpet. Not the entire carpet, but a huge portion. Then later in the evening the big black cockroach looking bugs decided they liked the moisture and paid us a visit! The repair guy worked on it until almost midnight, sawing, hammering and of course there were about half a dozen security guys hanging out, just because, talking, etc. They finally did move us to another room Sunday afternoon, but not before Darren and I had to talk to about three different people as the floor was still soaked and nobody was responding to us. Even Darren, who never gets frustrated or worked up was feeling that way. I told them that they say they are a luxury hotel, yet they don't respond to a guest's complaint about a soaked carpet and that I was amazed at the lack of customer service. One person tells us there are no rooms, another says there is, and yet another says no again. It wasn't even about getting a new room, just deal with the problem - hear us and respond. I asked two different people Sunday morning if the problem was fixed or if they were still working on it, were they going to suck up the water?? "I don't know." That's it. One guy said 'let me check', two hours later we were still waiting for his response. They did credit us the $40 hotel charge for our troubles. Whatever!!

But as you can see from the pictures it is a beautiful place. We spent Saturday night by the pool - the adult pool - which was really relaxing. It was perfect weather and the grounds are so beautiful to look at. We shopped - hit the outlet mall - and we have nine of our ten nieces and nephews Christmas already bought!! I love when you find that perfect give for the perfect price! Sunday we shopped more, went to a movie and hung out in our dry hotel room! Monday was a lazy day - but on the way home we decided to stop at the outlets so I could get those Waterford salt and pepper shakers I wanted Saturday but didn't get. They were already gone - bummer. I did find another pair, but they were $148 - couldn't bring myself to spend that much on salt and pepper shakers - but boy did I hold them a long time and ponder about it!!

It was a great weekend and our house was still intact from Matt and Kyle staying here! !! My recycle can had lots of soda cans in it and our fridge had lots of left over dips, slice cheese, crackers - things like that. I'm thinking there was a social gathering!!! :-)



No comments: