Wednesday, June 13, 2007

MY NEW STUFF!!! So we still have some work to do, baseboards, crown moulding, etc. We are getting plantation shutters on the rest of the windows in the house. Pictures need to be hung, a few more decorative touches....... We are almost finished with our bathrooms. Darren did one of the bathrooms himself and it's VERY cool. That deserves its own blog entry all by itself!! Once the office and the bathrooms are done I'll post a few more updated pics.



This is my new dining room and dining room table. LOVE IT!!! When we put both extensions in the table it seats like 700! Sarah Matulich, if you are reading this, we'll be inviting you and Bob over for a real midwestern Sunday dinner with Darren's mom's home made rolls and all!!







Side view of our island which gives me lots of extra storage space. And I love my matching stools!












Another view of my island with my very cool new stove! I used the grill part this evening - LOVE IT!! Love the two spice drawers next to the oven!



You would think I would have taken off my shoes in another room, huh?! One that I'm taking pictures of!! :-)




This is my new china cabinet that holds china given to us by Darren's mom. That's the wine bottle holder in the corner that goes with it. We don't drink it, but we like the way it looks when it's displayed. Maybe we'll become wine collectors and spend $10,000 on a bottle - or maybe not!!!







A view looking into our new kitchen. The lighting wasn't great - but you have an idea of what it looks like.












A little brighter view of our kitchen. Love the fridge, love the dishwasher, love the microwave (which also is a convection oven!) Love IT!!

I must be a grown up, I'm excited to have a sponge drawer and my favorite part of the kitchen is my garbage disposal button - not switch, but button on the rim of the sink.




Below are pictures of our new bedroom furniture. We painted the walls too - love the color. The furniture are big pieces, so we are currently going to rework the room and do some closet work so it will open up our room more.















So that's it - some of you have e-mailed me about pictures so hope you enjoyed the quick tour of our home!

10 comments:

DonnaG said...

Ok finally. Glad to see you back on the web. And your new home is beautiful. It is much too nice for my family, but it looks like it suits you two to a T. Very pretty. Love the huge table.

And about the wine bottles, you could also stash some of those bubble bath bottles that are shaped like wine bottles :)

tjep said...

How beautiful your kitchen looks! The garbage disposal button is my favorite too! I love the color on your walls! Enjoy!

Sara said...

We would love to come over for that traditional Sunday after meeting supper in you beautiful remodeled home.

Kim said...

Hey, you're back on your blog!!!! Yeah!!! Love the house and furniture. That cherry wood looks so rich. I am so happy for you and Darren. Bon Appetit!!!

Lori said...

Sooo jealous of that kitchen! Love the island especially. Congrats to you. Have a party when you're through, because I'd love to see it. Want to see my retro blue countertops? They're so old school, I believe the word is authentic.

Unknown said...

Debbie,

Despite it taking you six months to reply to my email, I am a Christian, therefore, I forgive you! See, nothing has changed, I am still such a giving person!! Your home is beautiful! I absolutely LOVE the kitchen!

Debbie said...

You may be a Christian, but you are still a dork!! I saw your house for sale on-line; if we did move back to St. Louis we're going to Wildwood - not Arnold - please!!!! :-)

Carmela said...

I am sooo jealous! You home is just gorgeous--you don't need to go anywhere to vacation anymore. I'm in love with your kitchen. That fridge is amazing!

Carmela said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I was visiting Donna's and clicked on your name in the comment section. Cool! I have one, too (actually, I just created one yesterday, lol.). It's lovingbeingme.blogspot.com. I'd love you to "visit" me in all your spare time--so kidding, but serious about the "visit" part!

Unknown said...

Debbie,

You have been banned from Wildwood...I am not even sure they would have you in Festus...especially with that missing deformity of a knee cap! ;-)