Thursday, June 28, 2007

MY KNEE HURTS - BOO HOO

Darren's not here right now - went to see Die Hard. It's almost 10pm and I have no one to complain too - so here I am complaining to all you blog lurkers. Most of you know I don't have a knee cap in my right knee - it's just cartilage wrapped around two kite string size sutures. No protection. Well, tonight I got a burst of energy and decided about 8 o'clock to put a brick border around part of our backyard. Then I got these huge pots and planted tall blooming plants in them. I did everything I'm not supposed to do - kneel on it, bend it completely, use my legs to push or pull, etc. I had to do all those things for my backyard project and now my knee is on fire. It's burning, tingling, aching and now it doesn't want to work. When I use it too much like that it gives out and literally doesn't work. So my big ugly black brace comes back on. But I have a cute little strip along my privacy fence. I do the best I can - I'm trying to have a Home and Gardens kind of manicured yard on a Wal-Mart budget.

So thanks for listening - I like that you can't talk back to me!!! :-) If Darren were here he'd just say, "you know you're not supposed to....." which I'm sure you are saying too as you read this!!

I'm waiting for this really cool titanium knee to get approved by the FDA, then I'll be a Bionic Woman!!! They've been working on it since about 1999 and I've been following the progress periodically. How cool would that be?!

3 comments:

Carmela said...

Wow, I didn't know that, Debbie. So sorry to hear that. All you get from me is sympathy. I know all about that "burst of energy." It just takes over. Especially when you're re-doing the interior ... the frenzy to re-do grows into monstrous proportions--been there, done that (however, I will admit that I don't have a knee problem).
And I won't tell you "You're not supposed to ..." because that's what my husband would say to and it would drive me crazy (even though it would be true!).

Hmm... bionic! VERY cool!

DonnaG said...

Bionic Woman???? Does that mean that you will have bionic hearing too? Maybe you can get some Ben-Gay for your knee...Sorry it hurts. It is hard to ignore those bursts of energy, because if you are like me, you know they are few and far between. :)

tjep said...

I too didn't know that about your knee! I'm sure your yard will look beautiful after all that hard work!
Ditto on the burst of energy and my husband, unsympathetically always say to me, "no pain, no gain!