Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ICE ICE BABY

My family's currently buried under two inches of ice. Illinois got hit pretty hard in the last few days. I love ice storms - they are so pretty, talk about glistening. Of course they are pretty dangerous, which is why the whole town pretty much shuts down!

When that happens it's warm brownie, hot chocolate, and yahtzee time. That's what we used to do ALL day when we were home from school during ice storms. And pray that the electric lines don't break and we lose electricity!! Brrrrrrr.

It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but the trees and streets are covered in a thick layer of ice.




3 comments:

Carmela said...

I remember those well! One Christmas the electricity went out for three days--we lived in our basement where the only source of heat was the fireplace. We even had to cook in the fireplace!

I remember being completely in awe over the amazing beauty in the aftermath of ice storms. Sometimes I feel badly that my kids have no idea what that's like. I hope God has a small part of heaven that glistens like that (minus the cold!).

tjep said...

I would love to experience living in that kind of weather! I love the thought of schools closing & businesses closing, and having to spend the day inside to play games all day. I would have the fireplace flaming,the blankets spread out, and the oven baking!

Rhonda said...

Love the pictures. Snow is soooo beautiful!