Friday, July 11, 2008

LANCE BASS ON "DANCING WITH STARS" - WITH A MALE PARTNER.........



I just read that and UGH!!! I think I'm going to stop watching TV all together. Darren and I didn't have TV for the first 12 years of our marriage..seriously. Now, we have movies galore and rent TV series on Netflix, so we sort of had it. We purchased and connected an antenna back in January so we could host one of the Super Bowl parties...Life Center actually cancelled church and encouraged parties!! Since we paid the money to have the antenna, it's staying up. But I'm about ready to chuck the whole TV. I haven't missed TV and I'm not one that can get sucked in for hours at a time. I can watch a 30 minute program and be done and walk away. Darren on the other hand...well, the house can be burning down around him and he wouldn't notice!

We have the internet connected to the TV, so I've been watching a lot of TV shows that are POD casts, all cooking shows of course....several from cable shows, but the POD casts are free. Even the History Channel and Discovery and similar channels now have free programs on-line, which is what Darren likes.

But last night I looked at the TV Guide...choices were Baby Borrowers; Wife Swap; repeat of Swingers.....and then I read this about Lance Bass having a male dance partner because DWTS wants to show they support everyone.

I'm kind of sounding all 'churchy' huh?! But seriously, what's up with TV these days?

2 comments:

Lori said...

I wouldn't get too worked up... I'm sure this is a total publicity stunt. Maybe I'm naive, but gimme a break. Gay men dance with women all the time... like in just about every Broadway or Disney musical or So you think you can dance :) I just think the show is way too mainstream for that.

Terri said...

I'm with Lori, I'm sure it's for ratings. But they're going to lose mine, because I won't be watching it. And you're right, now that the Bachelorette is over, there just isn't any more good tv shows on!! :)