Thursday, January 31, 2008

WHAT'S UP YOU ASK....NOT MUCH!!

First, a fun pic! Simon has decided he likes my office chair. He will circle it until I get up, just as soon as I stand up he jumpes up in it and gets comfortable. So because he's so spoiled and I respond to his every request as cat owners do - I push the chair back away from the desk. If I push too fast or accidentally spin it he let's me know by lifting his head and meowing. Jeez - talk about living like a king!! So here he is relaxing!



Now I must sit back down and transcribe from a dining room chair! Which actually I prefer! Because of the straight back, lack of arms, and harder seat I have better typing posture. Of course it drives Darren crazy that I do this, so we only do it when he's not at home!!! :o) Darren never checks my blog, so shhhhhhhhhh. But it's kind of fun having my cat for company during the day. I've asked for his help on medical terms, but so far he just raises one eyelid and closes it back up, much too busy to help me.



I'M TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH GROCERIES!!! Christy Platt posted on her blog a while back about The Grocery Game. So I went to the link and now I've become obsessed, possessed, you name it. From that site I've found links to other helpful sites, sites with coupons, how to's, etc. We looked over our spending last year and boy did we waste a lot of money. I found myself going to the grocery store about every other day spending $40 here, $50 there and then major shopping too, trips to Target - not good. So one of the things I wanted to focus on regarding our finances this year was how I handle the grocery shopping. I wanted to be a better steward with that. It takes time, but I don't mind. I actually feel like I'm doing something productive for my household. I'm actually going today after 1pm to Albertsons because they are having an eight hour sale that starts then and I have coupons for some of the products - I'm pumped to find out how much I've saved!! Here's a few pics of my coupon binder.



I have made categories - non-perishables, dairy, frozen foods, produce, etc. SO COOL!! I guess I've become a grocery geek!! This is way easier than fumbling through an envelop full of coupons. Then as I put things in my basket, I pull from the sleeve and put it in the pocket up front. I'll have my list on a post it on the inside. Can you tell I'm very impressed with myself!! :o)



My island is coming in very handy for this. I can totally spread out and make a plan!! Darren mistakingly threw out this weeks ads and messed up my organized piles - well, let's say he'll never do that again!!! :o)



Back to work for a bit and then off the grocery store!!

UPDATE: Grocery total: $142.87 minus club savings of $89.07 minus coupons $19.85 equals $33.95. Plus I earned a coupon for free 12 pack of soda and a free loaf of fresh french bread from the bakery!! I ROCK!!! :o)

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

You SHOULD be impressed with yourself. That is some awesome organization. I LOVE the grocery game. We did it for about 4 years (until we moved to Hanford.) We don't have a grocery store that doubles coupons here or even a major grocery chain for that matter, only a central valley chain. So Hanford is not one of the cities that the Grocery Game is available in. I miss it though. I loved coming home with over $100 in groceries and only paying $20 for it.

DonnaG said...

holy cow you have a coupon binder! I am beyond impressed.

tjep said...

Good for you! That seems overwhelming
for me to do. I admire your fortitude!