Tuesday, January 15, 2008

BUSY WEEKEND....

Friday night started with a sleep over for nine teenagers!! Janae and Wendy asked if they could have a sleep over at the house and I ALWAYS say yes...as long as I get to hang with them then they can come!! We talked first kisses - I was the youngest to get my first kiss! Scarey! Painted toe nails getting ready for the winter formal that was the following day! Ate pizza, brownies, cookies, candy, chips and dip, tortilla chips and yummy melted cheese, hostess snacks....then about 10:00pm ordered more pizza because they were still hungry!! We talked guys, of course, purses, clothes, hair, and yes, we did talk a bit about other people - but we were nice!! I think that's why I love having those girls over - we had such a great time just hanging out, listening to music and eating!! We didn't talk bills, lack of money to pay our bills, we didn't talk weight or how much fat that twinkie had in it! We didn't talk husbands and how they drive us crazy. We didn't talk work or about the stresses of it all. So, I'm going to have an adult sleep over and we are going to talk boys, hair, purses, do nails, etc. No grown up talk!! Anybody want to come?? Here are a few picks of our lazy night!





Saturday I spent doing errands, running around, had to be up at church for a skit rehearsal we did on Sunday night - which was really fun!! Wish I had pics to post. Then Sunday we attended church with our friends David and Keri Simmons who some of you might remember used to attend Life Center. They now attend a great little church down town Long Beach that is an Angelican church. It's certainly quite different than what we are used to, but I did enjoy it. I love the church and its feel. There was something that was just really comforting about that little church. Iain got baptized Sunday morning and we were asked to be his god parents. We met with their pastor before the service and he explained to us all of our responsibilities as a god parent and wow - pretty heavy stuff!! That is not something we practice in our faith, but I wish we did. It was such an honor to stand up on that platform with him and be with David and Keri that day and know that they invited us - US - into their lives the way they did. We spent the day at their house having a celebration in honor of Iain.


Saturday afternoon I went by Kimberly Deojay's to see how pretty she looked in her winter formal dress - look how tall her boyfriend is!! Mark, her dad, asked me to stay as they prayed a blessing over the couple before they headed out, which I gladly did. Isn't she so pretty and so grown up - when did that happen?!


So I had a great weekend - what felt like a family filled weekend!! Hung out with my girls from church, got to pray with parents for my teenage friend Kim, and then stood up as godparents for Iain - I had a GREAT weekend!! I love being a part of my surrogate families out here!

4 comments:

Carmela said...

Very cool weekend indeed! The sleepover sounds like a LOT of fun!

Rhonda said...

You are soooo blessed to have such an awesome place in those girls' lives. Isn't it awesome when God chooses to use you in such a fulfilling way? And vavavoom Kimberly. She is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady.

Unknown said...

Debbie!

nice blog.....It has been a while! I had to tell you........I was at the grocery store last night while Megan was nextdoor at her dance class. All of a sudden I saw someone!

It was DUCKIE!!

remember him? He sure remembered you. He started asking about my crazy friend that was a transcriptionist too.....I was drawing a blank.....he said the one from Illinois....and I am thinking, I don't know a crazy girl who lives in Illinois! Then I remembered it was you. You were around Duckie a few times and certainly made an impresion on him. He hasn't changed. It was good to see him and talk about old times!!

Debbie said...

Tina - of course I remember Duckie - I think he was in love with me!! :o) Wasn't I going to go to a school reunion with him or something?? Memories!! So fun!!