Friday, January 11, 2008

HELLO AGAIN - I HAVE RETURNED TO THE WORLD OF BLOGGING!!

I'm sure some of you have probably stopped checking my blog since I haven't posted in like three years! I have been keeping up on my reading of the blogs, just not very good at posting on mine. Just some highlights below!!

Of course the pictures aren't in order and when I try to rearrange I lose them, or they get turned upside down, etc. So I gave up...you'll just have to see things out of order!! I didn't bother asking people if I can post their picture, so if you see yourself here, hey, do you mind??!!

The first picture is from New Year's Eve - I actually cropped myself out of this one, but it didn't stick....anyway, these are some of my favorite peeps! Wendy, Leah and Greg!! We went to the Kennedys for a non party New Year's Eve party!!



We had our first California Christmas this year. Darren's parents came out for the holidays instead of us going home. This is Barry and Chris, aka Mom and Dad Williams at the beach in Santa Monica on Christmas morning. While I stayed home and cooked Christmas dinner, Darren took his parents all over Los Angeles to see the sites on Christmas morning/day. It was great because nobody was on the road, they actually got around the city and saw lots of things!! More than they would have seen had it been a regular day. I missed being home with my family - that was tough as it was the first year EVER being away from them during Christmas. But since we stayed home to be with Darren's family this year, next year we are just staying in DuQuoin - my little home town in Illinois. Trying to trade off - so next year my parents get us all to themselves!! Although after a few days my dad may tell me to go visit the in-laws!!! :o)


This is Darren carving our Christmas turkey - isn't it just so pretty. It was so big it barely fit on my platter - there wasn't even any room on it to decorate it with parlsey pieces or any kinds of pretties!!! I wanted that Norman Rockwell painting look of us sitting around the table while the turkey is being carved...didn't quite make it. Plus, it was later in the evening on Christmas night, we were all in our comfy clothes, not exaclty picture perfect!!


Here's Mom and Dad Williams again at the Getty Villa in Malibu. We spent part of the day down there and then went to Gladstones on the beach in Malibu for some fish. It was a really gorgeous day and the Villa is just beautiful. I love going there. We are sitting outside the restaurant for dinner and as we were watching the sunset it got REALLY cold. We kind of rushed through dinner because they were too cold to sit outside. Me, well I was in direct setting of the sun, so it was right on me and I was actually warm. I wanted to stay for some coffee and watch the sun go down completely...wimps!! :o)


We took his parents to see The Glory of Christmas....Darren couldn't refuse a picture. He got caught and was told to put his camera away!! Here's one illegal shot.


This is our youth pastor, Pastor Matt and his now wife Danielle. They got married on January 5th and even though the weather caused them to move the wedding inside, it was still a very sweet wedding and fun reception. They are honeymooning in Hawaii. Kyle, his best man, gave a great toast, it was so neat to see two men and how close their friendship is. Kyle couldn't make it through his speech without tears and Matt was trying to hold it together as well. Me, well of course I was crying right along with them!!



Donna posted a picture of Lenny on her blog of him dancing like crazy. We have those pics too, but ours are fuzzy. I guess he was just boogying down too fast!! Here is an adorable picture of these two at our table.



This is Matt at his bachelor party - He's putting on a show of some sort. Of course, I can't get the picture to turn back the right way, so tilt your head and you can see it better!! :o) Darren had a great time with these guys. I actually wanted to go too - but I wasn't allowed!!


Back to New Year's Eve - we first went to the Platts for a Pajama Party. This is Darren, Jenny, Dylan and Emma - aren't they just the cutest family ever!! Emma fits right in - you can tell she is her mother and father. The girl was held by everybody, but she just played along and didn't get irritated at all. She's quite the social butterfly!


This is Michele and Jenny singing to a game - looked like fun. I've played it with my nieces and I kept laughing too hard to score anything!!



So that's pretty much been it for the past month, we had company after Christmas. Darren's cousin and his wife from Champaign Illinois came out for the Rose Bowl. They are both Illini alumni. They stayed a week with us. I'm just now taking down my tree - today!!

Um...what else?? I'm no longer working with my friend Dave at his Remax office. I am back at home doing medical transcription. Real estate wasn't my thing, so I'm back doing what I do and know best!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!!

6 comments:

DonnaG said...

Yipppppeeeeee you are back. Nice post. I love the idea of an adult pajama party. Sounds like fun!

tjep said...

Welcome back, Debbie! The pajama thing looks comfy, cozy, and of course fun!

Kim said...

Yeahhhhhh!!!! You're back. Great pics and stories.

Margaret said...

Glad to see you're back! Looks like you had a very nice Christmas/visit with the in-laws. I'm assuming since you're back on your blog that you are crossing things off your "to do" list so I can be expecting that loooooong catch-up email or phone call any day now, right? :-) (You know I love you even though I have to give you grief about not staying in touch.) I'm looking forward to Christmas 2008....surely if you get to spend the entire holiday in Illinois that means a little time away from the family to hang out with your friends.....I'll have to work something out with Lyndell. :-) MISS YOU MUCH!!!

Will said...

wow, debbie. great update! with pics! please say hi to Darren for me.

Will from Long Beach

Rhonda said...

I'm so glad to see an update. The first time I visited your blog was shortly after your last post, so I have been patiently awaiting an update from my former mentoring pal.