Monday, March 05, 2007

AN EMPTY SHELL......



This is the view from our kitchen to what was our living room. It will now become our new formal dining room!! We've ordered a new dining room table and china cabinet - thankfully my mom-in-law runs a furniture store. Even though we are ordering from Missouri and having it shipped - we still got a deep discount!! Yea!!!






This is the view from our family room into the torn up kitchen looking again into what was the living room. My double oven was taken away Saturday. I came home today from work and my microwave was gone as well as my stove top. I was supposed to have that for an extra few days - but we gave it away to one of the crew members - I guess he got anxious!





This is the view looking into our small dining area which will become a small sitting/office area. Walls will totally come down and an island will be placed in the middle - Wednesday I lose my kitchen cabinets, counters, and sink. I'm going to Wal-Mart tomorrow to stock up on paper plates, cups, etc. I refuse to wash dishes in the bath tub!!



So there you have it - does anyone have pity on me??!! Tonight I cooked out on my camp stove on our picnic table in the back yard. That actually was kind of nice - again, thankful for the nice weather we are having. It's pretty frustrating right now and I have my moments where I complain and whine, but then I remember that there are people who are struggling to even get into a home and we are so blessed to not only have a home, but are able to remodel and make new purchases. For that I'm VERY THANKFUL!!! So I'll stop with the whining!

3 comments:

DonnaG said...

I just can not muster up the sympathy for the mess. I had it last year for a LONG TIME. We practically lived in our garage/canopy/back yard for 4 months. We ate in the garage, we cooked on the BBQ, set up the microwave under the canopy and washed dishes in the bathtub. It was exhausting. I do know that while I whined, I clearly remember remembering that not only do we have a house, but we have the opportunity to fix it up. Yes it was a mess but golly how blessed we are to have the mess. So, your attitude is in the right place. Keep on taking pics and posting them. It is fun to look back and see how far you have come. Thanks for sharing.

tjep said...

I too went throught the same thing! Your whole routine is off, having strange people in and out of your space is unnerving, dust is everywhere and planning meals takes a little more brainwork (at least for me!). It took about 5 months for us, but in the end, it was all worth it!
Are you getting the air button for your garbage disposal? That's my favorite gadget that we added!

christy p said...

I can SO feel your pain. I owned a house in Lakewood on Freckles Street. For over three months I LIVED in one room with my husband, 3 year old and newborn. In the ONE room was a bed, crib, table and refrig. It felt like it lasted forever...but once the house was done, it was so worth it. You will have to post the picture of your new dining room table. That is awesome you got a discount!