Monday, June 09, 2008

SUNDAY FUN DAY!!

Before I get into my Sunday...take a look at these pictures of Darren golfing, in Palos Verdes at the Trump Golf Course. These were taken last week. PLEASE - next time he talks about his stressful job, or how busy he is, ask him how the view of the Pacific Ocean was from the golf course!! :o)

 


Tough day at the office!!

 


Yesterday was the first Sunday that Darren and I didn't have any responsibilities at church - it was wonderful!! We actually got to ride together, attend together, leave together - quite a treat for us since we both are involved in different ministries. Of course, that didn't keep one of our pastor's calling at 9am needing help with the projector. I guess they looked for him at church, didn't seem, so called. Apparently Darren is the only one who can fix things??!! I don't think so, but I'll let this one go......

We decided to visit another church and went to Mariner's Church in Irvine/Newport Beach. Below is their 'courtyard.' They have a big campus with lots going on. It really was electrifying. Darren always invisioned LC doing something like this, an outside courtyard type behind the church, but all his hard work was poo-poo'd. But I'll let this one go...... Anyway, it looked big and a bit overwhelming at first, but once we got down the stairs and started looking around, it's clear that even though it's a big church, there are plenty of relationships and it felt very personal.

 


Darren took some pictures of inside the sanctuary. This is the choir and they were awesome. I liked that they not only sang with the congregation during the praise and worship, but they really had a presence and helped lead it in a way I haven't really experienced it before. It was beautiful.

 
Posted by Picasa


Here is their Praise and Worship Team - did an awesome job.

 
Posted by Picasa


Then Darren and I went out for lunch in Newport Beach - sat in an open courtyard area. It was really a beautiful day and we enjoyed lunching outside.

Then home for a nice Sunday afternoon nap and on to California Adventure. Daniel, Rhonda (Cherryholmes) new husband debuted last night as Prince Charming in the Electrical Parade. So we went to watch. Daniel didn't want us cheering for him or whistling, or clapping...he was so nervous and he didn't want us messing him up. That was very difficult for me - he totally took away my fun!! :o) As we saw Cinderella coming around the corner Pam told me to refrain myself! Darn it!! Here we are front and center on the front line - not letting anyone get by us!!

 


It's kind of hard to see Daniel - but he's the Prince there at the front of the float.

 


Another pic...not so great, but now you know who to look for when you are there. He works Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
 
Posted by Picasa


So that was our Sunday. It's been a while since I've had a Sunday so relaxing and good like that. I thoroughly enjoyed my day and being with Darren, no responsibilities!!! Hmmmmm, maybe we should rethink this whole being involved in church thing!! :o) Hope you all had a nice weekend!!

4 comments:

DonnaG said...

huuu hummmmm. Wow, what a post. Glad you liked Mariner's. I have heard it is an incredible church. We will have to talk more about it.

Daniel looks like Prince Charming. TOTALLY. I bet Rhonda was jealous. I would have been.

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you guys need a day off more often? How fun! What a GREAT Prince Charming.

sharon said...

What a great day you had on Sunday. It is nice to get away and do something different once in a while.

Now, about rethinking the involvement thing, let me resign as Preschool coordinator first!

Thanks for all you and Darren do for LC. I certainly appreciate it.

Kim said...

Hey, I thought I was married to Prince Charming, not Rhonda. ?????? Hmmm
Sounds like you guys had an awesome day.
How cool for Darren to get to play at the Trump Course.