Monday, June 16, 2008

ANOTHER GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Friday night was putz around the house night. We actually had a date night on Thursday...finally got to see Made of Honor - predictable, but cute. Saturday morning we had rehearsal and cast party for the Father's Day play at church. Saturday afternoon I worked some and then Saturday night was BRAD PAISLEY!!! We went with Dave and Wendy Smith and enjoyed dinner together first at the Irvine Spectrum, then over to the Verizon Theater for a real treat. He was awesome, quite the entertainer. Man can that guy play guitar. I think he was having more fun doing the instrumentals than singing. He had a great stage set up that had something to go along with every song he did. He was very entertaining and engaged the crowd throughout the night. He is someone I would pay to see again and again. I liked it most when they put his head on the big screens...he has the most beautiful eyes. Wendy and I were caught gazing at him a few times!! :o)

I kind of felt like I was back at the state fair back home. Country music certainly brings out the beer drinkers, big hat, boot wearing, huge belt buckle guys. You know the type, their noise level goes up a notch with every beer!!! Actually the crowd was pretty tame compared those midwestern concert goers!!


 

 
Posted by Picasa
<

Then Sunday morning was the big production. Our church only had one service that for Father's Day and Marcus, our music pastor, put together and directed a great play by the kids, "Father Knows Best." The kids did so great. Sonya and I was the comedy relief team. We were joggers going through the park (the location of the play!) who did nothing but talk about food. Wasn't much of a stretch for us. We padded ourselves so that we had huge honkin boodies!! or is it booties?! Here we are with our 'energy drink' - Starbucks Frappicino, Vanilla flavored!


 

 


Darren played Mr. Adams, the Park Ranger. Here he is singing..wish I had a video of this because I love to hear me some Darren singing!! The picture below is Mr. Adams leading Kalena to Jesus. It was precious.

 


Here the joggers are eating from the forbidden fruit tree. The kids were singing their big finale song and we were posing for a picture! :o) You'd think the play was all about us!! Such the divas!

 
Posted by Picasa


This picture here is of Simon..just for fun. I took this today. He was sleeping so weird, his bottom half on the lower fence, his middle section draped over the block fence - which is several inches above the wooden fence - and then his head and front paws hanging over the block fence. It was so funny looking, but of course I woke him when I opened the side door. He's a huge cat with lots of fat and fur, but so pretty!

 

 


Check out my new Longaberger basket! This has now become my special basket. The kids play was all about apples in the park...stay away from the apples. So they filled a bunch of baskets with apples that some ladies in our church prepared by poking holes in them and inserting gummy bear worms. So cute. So people brought baskets from home to use for the play as the kids distributed apples throughout the congregation during a song. As we were cleaning up the sanctuary this lone basket was not claimed and one of the ladies knowing I collect and love Longaberger thought it might be mine. It wasn't, it actually belonged to Marcus and Shauna, our music pastor and his wife. They told me just to take it home. I kept telling them it's $140 basket, "do you know this is a Longaberger basket...do you know this sells for $140..." Then I said, "do you know this is a special basket." And Shauna said to me, "But you are more special and we want you to know that, so take that basket home as a reminder that we think you are special." I cried. She said it a little more eloquently than I am putting here, it was very sweet what she said. I felt so silly taking it home, but they insisted. Then Marcus said, "It's been sitting up on a shelf forever...we have like two or three more packed away somewhere." Suddenly that guilt went away and I thought I should just take the other ones too! :o) Okay, not really. Anyway...what a blessing they were to me!

 
Posted by Picasa


I felt loved and I did feel special Sunday afternoon! I need to do more things like that - a surprise blessing to someone. I just hope Jesus never lays it on my heart to give away any of my baskets or over priced Coach, Dooney, Prada and Kate Spade purses I have in my closet. :o) haha!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

We saw Brad Paisley a few years ago with Sara Evans and Sugarland. GREAT concert. Alvin has been a fan from the very beginning, and he got to see him play in really small venues (like the House of Blues) before he was too popular. His wife's a lucky lady...