Monday, February 19, 2007

Is it cheating if I borrow from other blogs??!! Several bloggers have been posting "50 favorite things" list - so I'm going to do the same. I wonder how many things we all have in common out there!

1. My relationship with God.
2. Darren, my husband.
3. Simon, my cat. (okay so I'm one of those freaks who considers me a mommy to Simon!!)
4. My parents, The Hookers! (sorry, couldn't refuse!)
5. My 10 nieces and nephews.
6. Donna and Charlie - my bro. and sis.
7. Great friendships.
8. Snow, snow, and more snow!
9. Cool weather.
10. Coach purses.
11. Dishes - all kinds!
12. Bon Jovi.
13. Chicken and dumplins with fried okra.
14. Butter becan icecream.
15. Doing transcription.
16. Listening to Darren sing.
17. Kids Church.
18. My Family Room.
19. The Academy Awards - and the Annual Platt Academy Awards party!
20. Longaberger baskets.
21. Daisies.
22. Purple tulips.
23. Gardening.
24. Keith Urban.
25. It's a Grind Carmel Macchiato with whipped cream.
26. My Bunko buddies.
27. My Missionettes Class - Friends!
28. My E-group - such wise women!
29. Carnivals.
30. Every Reese Witherspoon movie.
31. Thursday nights with Darren - our picnic on the floor/movie night!!
32. Cracker Barrel.
33. Sunday lunch with friends.
34. Kitchen Gadgets.
35. Cheesy gifts from the dollar store!
36. Target.
37. Coupons and when I save over 50% at the store!
38. Iced sweet tea.
39. Spending time back home in Southern Illinois.
40. Dancing/dance music.
41. Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch).
42. Going to movies.
43. New York City.
44. Live concerts/plays/musicals.
45. Spending Sunday afternoons going through open houses.
46. Marco Island, Florida (my honeymoon destination)
47. Darren's legs!
48. Water - swimming, skiing, boating!
49. Hugs from kids at church.
50. My new appliances!

Any surprises?? That was actually pretty fun for me. If you haven't made your list yet - do it! It's not just a 'favorite' thing, but as I was thinking about it, I realized this could be a list of my many blessings as well.

10 comments:

DonnaG said...

I LOVE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS. I didn't even think of that. There are soooo many things that we can put on that list. But if we add more, does that make the love of the other things less???? And, Darren's legs?? WOW. Next time he wears shorts, I will have to take notice.

Debbie said...

No, it does not mean we love the other things less - is there such a thing as loving too many things? I left off warm blackberry cobbler with cold icecream and......so many more! Thank goodness Darren doesn't read blogs - he'd die if he knew what I said!!

MLasch said...

Yay!! Debbie from Long Beach has a blog. Now you will have your own lurkers and you will wish they left a comment! So I am leaving a comment... "Darren's legs??? hmmm... I'll have to pay more attention. Or maybe I shouldn't...

Kim said...

Poor Darren. We are all going to be staring at his legs now. Love your list, some great things to love.

Dave Peeters said...

Great list, time to think of all the blessings we have in this short life

Pam C said...

My favorite was your picnic with your husband on Thursday nights (going on right now I am sure) How romantic of you! And of course the Sunday lunch with friends. :)

Pam C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christy p said...

Debbie,
It was nice meeting you today...especially since I have been reading your comments on other blogs...and now reading YOUR blog. Isn't it fun? Woohooo! Have a fab-u-lous weekend!

DonnaG said...

Hey DebbiefromLOngBeach...I want to know what the deleted comment said... possibly a comment about YOUR legs????

Debbie said...

You'll have to ask Pam Cherryholmes!!! She's the deleter. She says she sent her message twice, but who knows!!! :-)